Here’s how to move to Canada, Mexico, or Europe as an American:


Are you considering leaving the US? If so, Canada, Mexico, or Europe might be a good option. According to Jean-François Harvey of Harvey Law Group, there has been an increase in demand for international moves over the past 12 months.

There are several ways to move to these countries, depending on your profile and which visa is right for you. For example, if you’re interested in moving to Canada, you can apply through the Express Entry system, which requires proof of at least one to two years of work experience plus other documentation like education assessments and language tests.

Alternatively, you may be eligible to move to Mexico or Europe if you have close relatives in these countries or if you meet certain requirements for their retirement programs. For instance, Mexico’s retirement program requires proof of at least $292,858 in investments or your bank account during the previous 12 months, or at least $7,321.47 in monthly income from your job or pension after taxes.

In Europe, you may be eligible to move if you have ancestral ties to a country or if you meet certain requirements for digital nomad visas. For example, Spain’s digital nomad visa requires proof of certification of working for at least three months, proof of residence in Spain, and financial means of at least 200% of the monthly Spanish national minimum wage.

Before making the move, it’s essential to consider factors such as taxes, ease of return home, and healthcare. According to Harvey, many countries in Europe, Mexico, and Canada have a double taxation agreement with the US, so you won’t be paying the same taxes twice.

Read full article here: US Today